Thursday, March 5, 2009

MySpace, Facebook and Ning

My major concern with using social networking tools such as MySpace, Facebook, and Ning are that photos that are uploaded to these sites can never be taken back. The photos may also be used by others in ways that they were not intended. I realized while taking this class and encountering these social networking sites that I am more of a private person. I feel that many people are revealing way too much information about themselves on these sites and that information may harm them in the future. I guess I am just very cautious.
On the other hand, I can see these social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook being used to promote library programs and especially to encourage younger patrons to use the library. This is the "place" where we are going to find our younger patrons - MySpace and Facebook! I liked the concept of Ning, being more private and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment